Safeguarding is of paramount importance at Southill Lower School. We have a number of members of staff who are trained to be 'Designated Safeguarding Leads' and all our staff receive regular training on safeguarding.
Our safeguarding/child protection procedures can be found in our Safeguarding Policy below:
The Designated Safeguarding Lead at Southill Lower School is the Executive Headteacher, Mrs Samantha Barlow.
The Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads across the federation who have also undertaken the Designated Person training, are:
- Mrs Sonya Read, Assistant Head Teacher
- Miss Chloe Bell, SENCO (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mrs Tenille Rimmer, Head of School at Derwent
The nominated Governor for Safeguarding is Sarah Tuckwell
In addition the following members of staff have undertaken Safer Recruitment training:
- Mrs Samantha Barlow (Executive Headteacher)
Southill Lower School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All staff and governors must ensure that they are aware of these procedures. At Southill we record all safeguarding, bullying, racist and child on child abuse on CPOMs. This forms a safe online digital store for all records for pupils disclosures and any events which a member of staff feels needs to be logged.
Some key government documents relating to safeguarding include:
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- What to do if you're worried a child is being abused
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Allegations against staff
- Child on Child Abuse (part of Keeping Children Safe in Education)
Should you have any safeguarding concerns regarding a child, please email a member of the Senior Leadership Team at email@example.com