DERWENT LOWER SCHOOL AND SOUTHILL LOWER SCHOOL
Southill Lower School is a good school (Ofsted 2016)
which nurtures values, grows inspiration and raises aspirations.
We are a small, friendly school. We have an idyllic rural setting in grounds owned by the Whitbread estate in the beautiful village of Southill.
Derwent Lower School is a good school (Ofsted 2018)
with children at the heart of everything we do.
We are a friendly, inclusive school. We have beautiful, extensive grounds that are set in a semi-rural environment in Henlow.
Teaching Assistant Opportunities
We are looking to appoint a number of Teaching Assistants to join our federation from September 2020. The positions will be to support named children with Special Educational Needs.
Required: September 2020
Salary: Point 1 or above depending on experiencer
Hours: Monday - Friday, full time (term time + 5 inset days)
Contract: Fixed Term Named Child
Derwent and Southill Lower School are good schools (Ofsted 2018 & 2016). Derwent is a friendly, inclusive school with beautiful, extensive grounds located in a semi-rural environment in Henlow. Southill is a small, friendly school located in an idyllic rural setting in grounds owned by the Whitbread estate in the beautiful village of Southill.
The posts are all fulltime, term time only, plus five training days.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Enjoy a varied workload
- Be able to work on their own initiative but also be a committed team player.
- Have high levels of motivation and be able to engage and inspire
- Be able to be first hand support to named child/children
- Be able to lead children by example
- Be passionate about working with children
- Have a kind and supportive approach towards children
- Be well organised and motivated
- Have the ability to foster good relationships with parents and carers
- Ensure safeguarding and the welfare of children is a priority
- Have a good level of understanding of special educational needs
- Hold or be willing to train in Paediatric First Aid
We can offer you:
- A workplace that is alive with children laughing and learning
• Excellent support from our dedicated team of staff
• A commitment to on-going professional development
• A school committed to staff well-being
Closing date: 12 Noon on Thursday 6th August 2020
Interview date: Week commencing 10th August 2020 (will be held virtually)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are conditional and subject to an enhanced DBS check.